The Fanaka Foundation NPC is an organisation dedicated to empowering South Africans through ICT initiatives. They are passionate about addressing the national agenda of reducing unemployment and poverty, and supporting economic growth.
The success of our marketing approach and entrepreneurship accelerator programme is measurable and authentic whilst creating earnest value and relevance; that accelerates the economic participation, training and skills development of the unemployed population in South Africa.
Bursary recepient reviews
A word from our recipients
I am very much pleased to he one of the bursary recipients. It's common knowledge that there are a lot of other applicants who deserve as much privilege. It's an honour to me and this will do great justice in helping me reach my full potential. I look to the brighter future and thanks to the Fanaka Foundation for turning dreams into reality.
I was overwhelmed with joy and relieved to hear that I got the Fanaka Bursary. Because of the Fanaka Bursary my future looks bright and promising. I would like to extend my greatest gratitude for funding me and believing in me, I am really great full.
Our Reason for Being
Being awarded the bursary has drastically changed my life for the better and has again given me a sense of direction in my career field. I have gained my confidence back and my go getter spirit, and tenacity has been refuelled, and it's at the peak. It has been years of me wanting to go back to school and all my attempts were in vain, until I came across the Fanaka Foundation Bursary application, now my life has changed for the better.
I feel so happy, the financial assistance you provided will be of great help to me in paying my educational expenses, and it will allow me to concentrate more of my time on studying and fulfil all my dreams in life. Thank you again for your generosity and support. I promise you I will work very hard and eventually give back to others, possibly a bursary to future students like myself.
It changed my life. I'm very excited to be staying .. thanks for everything
Being selected as one of the bursary recipient made me feel grateful and I was honestly happy since I have been applying without any luck for other bursary. This has a great impact on my life as it covered a part of my fees, which gives an increase and the greatest opportunity in my education development.
Frequently Asked Questions
Applicants must submit:
– Application form
– ID document (certified)
– Proof of registration with education institution
– Academic results
– Household income
– Invoice or quote from academic institution
– Proof of bank for the academic institution (we are assisting with this)
2. All ITC related qualifications can be approved up to a value of R20 000
3. All non-ITC qualifications can be approved up to a value of R10 000
4. All internal applications to be discussed with foundation committee
5. All applications must be younger that the age of 35
6. All applicants must be South African citizens
7. All applicants must be AA candidates
8. Applicants cannot have a criminal record
9. Applicants cannot have a blocked M4Jam jobber profile
Is the bursary a once off or does the bursary payments continue for the duration of the diploma/degree/certificate?
The bursary payment is once off however we keep in touch with student, check performance (which is part of the acceptance), and will assess further years of study support based on a few factors.
- Applicant must submit:
- Application form
- ID document
- All applications must be younger that the age of 35
- All applicants must be South African citizens
- All applicants must be AA candidates
- Applicants cannot have a criminal record
- Applicants cannot have a blocked jobber profile